Agenda – Monthly Meeting of Borough Council
March 8, 2021- 7:00 pm via www.Zoom.us
Meeting ID: 7328600080 | Password: 032445
Borough Building, Council Chambers, 425 Bower Hill Road
Council President, William Henderson
Council Vice-President, Nino Petrocelli, Sr.
Council Member, Bruce Ghelarducci
Council Member, Joseph Colosimo
Council Member, Joseph Verduci
Council Member, Virginia Schneider
Council Member, Nicholas Ciesielski
Mayor, Betty Copeland
Solicitor, Thomas McDermott
Borough Engineer, Kevin Brett
Borough Manager, Joseph Kauer
Police Chief, Chad King
Fire Chief, Raymond Costain/ Asst. Chief Meglen
Southbridge EMS, Dan Miller
1. A motion to approve the February 8, 2021 Regular Meeting Minutes as submitted.
2. A motion to approve the March 2021 Bill List.
3. A motion to approve the March 12, 19, 26, April 2 and 9, 2021 payrolls.
4. Consider action on the Conditional Use Application for 621 McLaughlin Run Road submitted by Antonio Carosella of Fully Cocked Ammo, LLC.
5. A motion to adopt Ordinance No. I 020, an Ordinance amending and restating the Borough of Bridgeville Code of Ordinances, Chapter I, Article A, Planning Commission, in its entirety, to decrease the Planning Commission membership from seven members to five members; and to set forth its continued powers and duties as the Borough’s duly constituted Local Planning Agency.
6. A motion to adopt Resolution No. 2021-4, a Resolution of the Borough of Bridgeville, in the County of Allegheny, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, to reimburse PENNDOT for the design, construction and inspection costs associated with curb ramps on SR 3034 at the intersections of Chartiers and Winfield Streets, Chartiers and Bank Streets and Lesnett Road and Sarah Street.
7. A motion to adopt Resolution No. 2021-5, a Resolution authorizing an application to the Pennsylvania Municipal Assistance Program. (Note: authorizes applying/or a grant in the amount of $37,500 to fund half of the costs of the Comprehensive Plan Update Project.)
8. A motion to adopt Resolution No. 2021-6, a Resolution of the Borough of Bridgeville, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, disposing ofrecords in compliance. with the Municipal Records Manual approved on July 16, 1993 in accordance with Act 428 of 1968.
9. A motion to adopt Resolution No. 2021-7, a Resolution of the Borough of Bridgeville, authorizing Borough Manager Joseph Kauer to execute documents and act on behalf of the Borough of Bridgeville for the purpose of obtaining financial assistance for the Hazard Mitigation Grant Program. (Note: PEMA Demolition Project of Flood Prone Structures on Baldwin Street)
10. A motion to adopt Resolution No. 2021-8, a Resolution of the Borough Council and Mayor of the Borough of Bridgeville, opposing the proposed tolling of lnterstate 79 at the Bridgeville Interchange.
11. A motion to authorize entering into a Lease Agreement with the Bridgeville Athletic Association for the concession stand at Chartiers Park for the year 2021.
12. A motion to accept the 2020 Audit as prepared by the Borough Auditors – Hosack, Specht, Muetzel and Wood.
13. A motion to approve granting local earned income tax credits for year 2020 to active Bridgeville Volunteer Firefighters that have been certified as eligible by the Borough Manager and Fire Chief in accordance with Chapter 24, Part 1, Section 111 of the Bridgeville Code of Ordinances.
14. A motion to ratify the disbursement of$32,481.54 from the Capital Project’s Fund to Sciarretti Site Development and Paving Company for Partial Payment No. 4 of the McLaughlin Run Park Improvements Project.
15. A motion to authorize the execution of Change Order No. 2 for the McLaughlin Run Park Flood Mitigation Project in the amount of$47,300 to LM&R Excavating, LLC, to address unforeseen conditions associated with re-establishing a stable parking lot subbase that was damaged during construction activities necessary to complete the project. (Note: majority of these costs associated with this Change Order are to be paid from the awarded GEDF grant for this project.)
16. A motion to authorize the Borough Engineer to prepare project specifications and advertise for bids the Sanitary Sewer Backflow Preventer Phase 4 Project.
17. A motion to authorize the execution of a new water shut off agreement with the Pennsylvania American Water Company relative to residential landlord ratepayer shut offs in compliance with the Utility Service Tenants Rights Act.
18. A motion to accept and pay any commission due -February 2020 Real Estate Tax Collector Report.
19. A motion to acknowledge receipt of the January 2020 Treasurer’s Report.
20. A motion to accept the February 2021 Police Report.
ADMINISTRATION, VIRGINIA SCHNEIDER
FINANCE, JOE VERDUCI
PARKS & RECREATION, JOE COLOSIMO
PUBLIC WORKS/BUILDINGS, NINO PETROCELLI, SR.
PUBLIC SAFETY, BRUCE GHELARDUCCI
MAYOR, BETTY COPELAND
POLICE CHIEF, CHAD KING
SOLICITOR, THOMAS MCDERMOTT
BOROUGH ENGINEER, KEVIN BRETT
FIRE CHIEF, RAYMOND COSTAIN
SOUTHBRIDGE EMS, DAN MILLER
BRIDGEVILLE HISTORICAL SOCIETY, MARY WEISE BRIDGEVILLE LIBRARY REPRESENTATIVE
BRIDGEVILLE PARKING AUTHORITY REPRESENTATIVE
BOROUGH MANAGER, JOE KAUER
a. Discussion: coordination of interviewing applicant(s) ADJOURNMENT – A Motion to adjourn.