Agenda – Monthly Meeting of Borough Council
February 8, 2021 – 7:00 pm via www.Zoom.us
Borough Building, Council Chambers, 425 Bower Hill Road
Council President, William Henderson
Council Vice-President, Nino Petrocelli, Sr.
Council Member, Bruce Ghelarducci
Council Member, Joseph Colosimo
Council Member, Joseph Verduci
Council Member, Virginia Schneider
Council Member, Nicholas Ciesielski
Mayor, Betty Copeland
Solicitor, Thomas McDermott
Borough Engineer, Kevin Brett
Borough Manager, Joseph Kauer
Police Chief, Chad King
Fire Chief, Raymond Costain / Asst. Chief Meglen
Southbridge EMS, Dan Miller
1. A motion to approve the January 11, 2021 Regular Meeting Minutes as submitted.
2. A motion to approve the February 2021 Bill List.
3. A motion to approve the February 12, 19, 26 and March 5, 2021 payrolls.
4. A motion to ratify the purchase of 2021 Ford F-350 Service Body Truck from Laurel Auto Group at the SHACOG Purchasing Alliance Bid of $43,350.
5. A motion to promote Gregory Allott to the position of Assistant Public Works Foreman per the terms of the Public Works Employees Collective Bargaining Agreement, effective February 13, 2021.
6. A motion to offer employment to _ as a Public Works Laborer, contingent to successfully passing preemployment background investigation, drug test and physical examination.
7. A motion to schedule and authorize advertisement of a public hearing on Monday, March 8, 2021, 6:30PM, held virtually on Zoom, for a Conditional Use Application received for the property at 621 McLaughlin Run Road.
8. A motion to approve the Commercial Street Plan of Lots Subdivision as recommended by the Bridgeville Planning Commission, contingent the applicant complete and secure approval from the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection of a Sewage Planning Module. (Note: the plan will subdivide parcel 255-G-255, 368 Commercial Street, into two independent lots, and the application has been reviewed and recommended for approval by the Borough Engineer.)
9. A motion to authorize the Engineer to prepare construction specifications and advertise for bids the 2021 Road Program as recommended by the Road Committee.
10. A motion to adopt Resolution No. 2021-1, a Resolution of the Borough of Bridgeville adopting and enacting policy identified as the Bridgeville Borough Non-Uniform Employee Handbook.
11. A motion to adopt Resolution No. 2021-2, a Resolution of the Borough of Bridgeville, County of Allegheny, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, establishing fees for the filing of applications, permits and licenses for the Borough. (Note: fee amendment creates a $5 duplicate tax bill fee.)
12. A motion to adopt Resolution No. 2021-3, a Resolution of the Borough of Bridgeville, County of Allegheny, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, authorizing filing a grant application seeking a Community, Infrastructure, Tourism Funding grant for the Chartiers Park Exercise Trail Project.
13. A motion to approve Change Order No. 4 for the McLaughlin Run Park Improvements Project that authorizes the contract completion date be extended by 171 calendar days to accommodate delays as result of winter weather conditions.
14. A motion to approve Change Order No. 1 for the Bower Hill Road Stormwater Improvements Project that resulted in a contract increase of $5,480.07 to remove and realign 24 linear feet of storm sewer due to a conflict and adjusting an existing manhole two feet to grade.
15. A motion to approve Change Order No. 1 for the McLaughlin Run Park Flood Project that authorizes the contract completion date be extended by 124 calendar days to accommodate delays as a result of winter weather conditions.
16. A motion to authorize AGX, Inc. to complete an Environmental Assessment of the Municipal Building Roof Replacement project at a cost not to exceed $950.00.
17. A motion to adopt Job Descriptions for the following positions: Assistant to the Borough Manager, Office Clerk, Police Secretary, Public Works Foreman, Public Works Assistant Foreman, and Public Works Laborer.
18. A motion to authorize the Solicitor to prepare an Ordinance and advertise such, that would amend Chapter 1, Part 3, Article A, Section 301 (Planning Commission) of the Bridgeville Borough Code that would reduce the composition of the Planning Commission from seven members to five members.
19. A motion to appoint ____ as the Vacancy Board Chairman to a term that would expire January 3, 2022.
20. A motion to accept and pay any commission due – January 2020 Real Estate Tax Collector Report.
21. A motion to acknowledge receipt of the December 2020 Treasurer’s Report.
22. A motion to accept the January 2021 Police Report.
BRIDGEVILLE HISTORICAL SOCIETY, MARY WEISE
BRIDGEVILLE PARKING AUTHORITY REPRESENTATIVE