REGULAR COUNCIL MEETING
NOVEMBER 9, 2020 – 7PM via Zoom.us
Council President, William Henderson
Council Vice-President, Nino Petrocelli, Sr.
Council Member, Bruce Ghelarducci
Council Member, Joseph Colosimo
Council Member, Joseph Verduci
Council Member, Virginia Schneider
Council Member, Nicholas Ciesielski
Mayor, Betty Copeland
Solicitor, Thomas McDermott
Borough Engineer, Kevin Brett
Borough Manager, Joseph Kauer
Police Chief, Chad King
Fire Chief, Raymond Costain
Southbridge EMS, Dan Miller
COMMENTS FROM THE FLOOR – VISITORS, PLEASE STATE NAMES AND ADDRESSES
1. A motion to approve the October 12, 2020 Regular Meeting Minutes as submitted.
2. A motion to approve the November 2, 2020 Budget Workshop Meeting Minutes as submitted.
3. A motion to approve the November 2020 Bill List.
4. A motion to approve the November 13, 20, 27, December 4 and 11, 2020 payrolls.
5. A motion to authorize the advertisement and public display of the proposed 2021 Budget.
6. A motion to adopt Resolution No. 2020-17, determining and declaring three structures, individually and collectively, as blighted properties. (For CDBG Grant Application: 145 Liberty St., 146 Liberty St. and 105 Prestley Road.)
7. A motion to adopt Resolution No. 2020-18, authorizing the submission of a grant application to the Community Development Block Grant Program in the amount of $71,300 for residential demolitions.
8. A motion to adopt Resolution No. 2020-19, authorizing the submission of a grant application to the Community Development Block Grant Program in the amount of $30,750 for Darby Way and Station Street Catchbasin Replacements.
9. A motion to adopt Resolution No. 2020-20, appointing a delegate and alternate delegate to the Southwest Allegheny County Tax Collection Committee.
10. A motion to adopt Resolution No. 2020-24, authorizing the submission of a grant to the Active Allegheny Grant Program seeking funding for the Bridgeville Active Transportation Plan Project.
11. A motion to authorize the advertisement and public display of Ordinance No. 1019, an Ordinance establishing the 2021 Sewer Rates. (2021 Rates: ALCOSAN fee increase only. New monthly fee of $15.83 per 1,000 gallons and $6.37 Customer Service Charge.)
12. A motion to authorize the advertisement and soliciting for proposals for the Comprehensive Plan Update Project.
13. A motion to accept the lowest proposal received and award contract to Stefanik’s Next Generation Contracting Co., Inc., in the amount of $20,500 for the repair of the concrete garage floor in the Police Sally Port portion of the Borough Building.
14. A motion to authorize the Borough Engineer to prepare plans, specifications and bid documents for the Werner Avenue Stabilization Project.
15. A motion to approve the disbursement of $145,203.77 for Partial Payment No. 2 and approving Change Order No. 2 of the McLaughlin Run Park Phase 2 Improvements Project in the amount of $10,782.37 for additional grading work that was needed, to Sciarretti Site Development and Paving Co.
16. A motion to accept and pay any commission due – October 2020 Real Estate Tax Collector Report.
17. A motion to accept the October 2020 Police Report.
ADMINISTRATION, VIRGINIA SCHNEIDER
SOUTHBRIDGE EMS, DAN MILLER
BRIDGEVILLE LIBRARY REPRESENTATIVE
BRIDGEVILLE PARKING AUTHORITY REPRESENTATIVE
ADJOURNMENT – A Motion to adjourn.