Five borough-owned streets will be repaired this summer as part of Bridgeville’s 2017 pavement maintenance program.
Council voted unanimously this week to award a $151,737 contract to Youngblood Paving to complete the work. Pennsylvania-American Water Company will reimburse the borough for $74,900 of the cost.
The following streets will be repaired:
- Shady Avenue from Murray Avenue to Station Street
- Cook School Road from Main Street to Bower Hill Road – 50% of the cost to be paid by PAWC
- Sylva Street from Bower Hill Road to Main Street – 50% of the cost to be paid by PAWC
- Main Street from Cook School Road to Pesavento Drive – 50% of the cost to be paid by PAWC
- Spruce Street from McLaughlin Run Road to Laurel Street
With unrelated construction currently taking place on Hickman Street, Mayor Pat DeBlasio suggested that the borough try to include that roadway as well, as a potential cost-saving measure.
Photo via Google Maps