The Bridgeville Volunteer Fire Department responded to complaints of chemical fumes coming from sewer lines recently.
The culprit—a Terrace Street resident who allegedly took apart his motorcycle engine in his basement, then flushed the fluids down the sewer.
“He thought there was nothing wrong with that,” said fire chief Bill Chilleo, “But he put fumes in eight houses that we had to attend to until we found the source.”
The resident was trying to fix the motorcycle’s leaking gas tank, Chilleo said.
Please don’t dump chemicals in the sewers.